From:
Jørn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 20:28:35 +0200
First off, the beekeeping year has been very bad for some
Danish Beekeepers;
about  70%-100% loss of colonies in the spring. A wet and
cold summer reduced the honey harvest to around half of
normal. Some beekeepers are already feeding.
We hope for a better year next year, so not all beekeepers
are giving up :-)
About the subject.
I have added a function to my software to maintain a
Beekeeping Establishment Account.
It is only for the Win95/Win98/NT edition. The spreadsheet
can be saved as excel5.
It is translated into Danish, German and English. You are
free to load the English spreadsheet and translate it into
your language. In the worksheet designer (Available to
registered Users) save it to a filename containing your
country code e.g.  "sheet149.vts" where "49" stands for
Germany.
The printout area is the resulting calculation.
Some Data is taken from the database and hard coded into the
Spreadsheet in some fields. so there is no reason to edit
those manually.
Those are :
1. Number of colonies in the database,
2. Number of working hours entered into the database, and
3. Total honey harvest calculated from the database.
Furthermore I have dropped the big input and moved
maintenance to the quick input.
The software will also try to determine the language drivers
for your Country Code so that it is possible for you to
enter non-English letters into the database. From within the
tool menu, you can open a list and choose the language
driver you need if my software can't find it by itself.
About language support; I know that in some countries people
read and write from right to left. If you are interested, I
can easily add this facility to my software. Just e-mail me
your country code and I will implement it. It is also
possible to provide IMA support if I know the IMA driver
needed, e.g. for Chinese.

If you translate the spreadsheet then I would appreciate
receiving a copy of it.

regards
Jorn Johanesson Beekeeper since 1970
EDBi = Beekeeping Multilingual software since 1986
homepages     http://wn.com.au/apimo
                          http://home4.inet.tele.dk/apimo
e-mail               [log in to unmask]