From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 16:11:14 -0400
I have a question! Please read carefully before jumping to conclusions.
        A 3 frame nuc, made up as usual, one sealed brood, two pollen and
stores. A cell added at the second day which emerged, virgin queen was seen.
About 7 days later, no eggs, no queen, poor mating weather cold and rainy. A
second, mated queen introduced succesfully. Now the hive has been checked to
find brood and eggs in all stages, but laying workers as well. There are
eggs of various sizes, from pin head to full size, scattered eveywhere.
        Now, I was always lead to believe that the Queen's pheromones and
young brood prevented laying workers.
        Does anybody have an answer? What the ------ do I do with this nuc?
Normally I would shake them in front of a full size hive, but what about the
Queen, this is not her fault, or is it?

   * David Eyre          9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,  *
   * The Beeworks,    Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1. *
   * [log in to unmask]      705-326-7171 *
   * http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks           *
   *  Agents for: E H Thorne &  B J Sherriff UK. *