From:
curtis spacek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 21:33:16 -0500
As you may have realized the government pays little attention to
individuals.When individuals band together they suddenly are noticed.If
all the members of the Palm Beach County Beekeepers Assn. were to
suddenly pull all their hives from the county and at the same time
notify all citrus growers in the area that there will be no pollination
services for hire in that county you would suddenly have a large group
of people breathing down the necks of all public officials involved in
this pesticide hazard."Beekeepers on strike" signs could be placed on
all access roads into the county with a short explanation of their
plight to discourage others from filling this void.A radical approach?
YOU BET!! But generally we're all too busy or too lazy too unorganized
and too divided and distracted by the other problems of daily living
to make our public servants perform their duties to our satisfaction.
But as we are Americans,these public servants are there because "we the
people" created these positions,we fund these positions through donating
our hard earned money in the form of "taxes",we should not hesitate to
to remind these servants of the public who they are are ultimately
responsible to.Their really is no excuse for destroying a mans/womans
livelyhood without paying reparations for accidental damage caused by
errant pesticides.You should have been notified with enough advance
warning to restrict the bees to their hives or remove them from the
area.When it comes to reigning in our public servants we must be like
the proverbial roll of John Wayne toilet paper.It is paramount that we
remember the government's sole purpose is to serve the people,NOT the
people serve the government.Endeaver to make our founding fathers proud.

                                           Just another redneck Texan on
a soap box