From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 23:00:01 -0500
John Wolford wrote:

> I am doing a project on Honey bees, and I really need to know the complete
> classification of them. ( Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus,
> Species. ) Any information would be of use.

Kingdom: Animal
Phylum: Arthropoda
Class: Insecta
Order: Hymenoptera
Family: Apidae
Genus: Apis
Species: mellifera

In addition, there is the superfamily, Apioidea (which includes Apidae), the
tribe Apinae (which includes Apis), and many subspecies or races of A.
mellifera (all of which are true honeybees). Note that honeybee is one word.

Ted Fischer
Dexter. Michigan USA