From:
Peter Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:32:39 +0100
And there was I, trying to catch up by reading the first Harry Potter book - deep in harmony with
spells and magic broomsticks, and what comes along.
A rib poking, kidney thumping mail from Jim, that then attempted to whack around the ears of those
wallowing in EFB / AFB discrimination.

Jim, as you inferred in your first sentence - the topic, I think had moved on from the original
thread title.

Original mail did cast comment on Vita's kit - true, but then following mails focused on a
statement, that IMHO was a little distant from field experiences.
I gave my points - to be agreed with or not!

So, returning back to the kit.
If it was viewed/ taken as intended to understand that I thought Vita have placed a useless piece of
kit onto the market - that definitely was not the case. As I mentioned, I have never been near, seen
or viewed the kit - great shame!
Any development that reduces actions taken on the basis of "wobbly" evidence is to be welcomed (in
fact grasped with both hands and feet).

At the present, many beekeepers are not capable of discriminating between EFB and AFB - and when
confronted with a brood problem, metaphorically close their eyes. That is, until things get out of
hand. Most individuals do not send material away to be diagnosed. We all suffer from the
consequences.
A technique from wherever, placed into the hands of Mr. Average beekeeper, who then can determine a
positive/ negative response related to the test undertaken, is an advance.

If Max is reading - I would like one that when having obtained a few sickly bees from suspicious
circumstances, will on a piece of gel impregnated, propolis resistant card - flash "Vital processes
destroyed by Pesticide" with in brackets, the name of the manufacturer.
As for an option (incurring additional payment of course!) - another strip with graduated scaling,
which when dipped into previously prepared mush, will show the chance of success in taking
previously mentioned manufacturer to court and obtaining reparation.

Any lacune in project direction - whizz us a mail, boyo!!
Regards,
Peter