From:
Ernest Gregoire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 20:34:08 PST
Hello Gang,

Restarting an old hobby of beekeeping last summer, my first concern
was a good neighbor policy. So when the first honey comb was capped
I gave it to all of my abutting neighbors.

I live in a farm area,a rural setting, so some neighbors are a much
greater distance than they would be in a city. Bees do fly
a long way, and a good neighbor policy is very important,
especially when parents are concerned about their children
being attacked by killer bees.( Many thanks to the media for
that one ).

Joggers and dog walkers got some honey comb too. I gave it to
anyone who stopped by. I'll give some to the mailman, the
electric meter reader, the oil man, the UPS guy, and anyone else
who will be delivering anything.

A friendly smile, a nice chat, and a chunk of comb honey will
go a very long way to alleviating fears. Folks think that they
are special, in that I have considered them personally and given
them something without them having to ask for it or even pay for it.

We are all in it together.

de AA1IK,

Ernie Gregoire

R.R. 1, Box 221,