From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:10:02 -0600
In respect to mead questions, the Mead-Lover's Digest has no parallel.  Open
discussion of mead and mead making, including discussions of honey beer,
Metheglin, honey liqueurs, etc. has been underway there since 1992.

The Mead-Lover's Digest is a mailing list, somewhat like BEE-L and has both an
active list and archives. Unlike BEE-L, the list is only sent out in digest form
every few days.  Visit http://www.talisman.com/mead/meadfaq.html and
www.talisman.com/mead for more info.

I last subscribed in 1994, and found it very good then.  I am sure there is a
lot of good info in their archives by now.  The archives are supposedly
available for anonymous FTP at ftp.stanford.edu in pub/clubs/homebrew/mead/,
however I was unable to log onto that site by anonymous FTP -- or any other
method -- tonight.

They are also available on the Web. Current issues are at
http://www.talisman.com/mead/curyr/index.html.  Zipped historical issues back to
1992 are at http://www.talisman.com/mead/zipper/index.html.  The zipped annual
archives run up to 1/2 meg in size, and contain each and every digest for a
given year.

FWIW, my personal mead recipe is at
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Diary/Diary031500.htm under the heading
"Sunday March 26th, 2000" or you can search the page using Control + f in your
browser.

allen
--
A Beekeeper's Diary: http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Diary/
Package installation, performance experiments, winter loss, fondant feeding,