From:
Tim Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:30:52 -0600
Too Lloyd and All:
<Lloyd wroteTim has a great idea and I'd like to be among those contributing.  That said, before contributing I'd like to know some more about Mr. Tucker in terms of his background, what he does for a living, etc.>

Hello Lloyd,
Thanks for the willingness to contribute.  I guess you don't remember me but we met a few years back when you were our guest speaker at our Kansas Honey Producers meeting and I was the President of the KHPA then, who perhaps fumblingly introduced you on a couple of occasions.  I served as president for four years and last October became the past president thankfully.  I have served the KHPA as editor of the Cappings for 6 years and have contributed articles on the Youth Scholarship program last June.   This program was presented to the Foundation for the Preservation of the Honey Bee by myself with the help of Marion Ellis and John Talbert and was adopted as a national program by the foundation to help initiate new young persons to our adventures in beekeeping.
I have kept bees since 1992 when, after 14 years of killing and removing bees from buildings (operated an exterminating company which I sold in 1996), I attempted to keep two hives alive and raise honey.  I hate to admit it but I am still killing bees.
But this winter was a good one to us and out of 180 or so hives, I only picked up 6 deadouts, two of which starved to death.
I am currently serving my second two year term as board representative of the Hobbyist and Sideliner group for the American Beekeeping Federation and serve as chairman of the membership committee.
I will send you a copy of the newsletter in the next day or so as I am finishing up the last page.  It is not just a "honey prices" newsletter but that will be a big focus in the coming issues.
I am a sideliner beekeeper and manage an 1800 acre ranch two miles from our ranch where we produce registered bulls and pairs for sale.
We sell our production to about 25 stores and gift shops  across southern Kansas and do 4 farmers markets each week as well where we retail as much honey, honey products and produce as possible:  Tuckerbee's Blue Ribbon Honey.
Thanks for the great idea of including the cut comb honey and rounds.   I will be glad to include that or any other ideas.
Hope this provides you with enough info.  If not let me know.
Tim