From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 14:12:31 GMT+1200
Andy Nachbaur writes:
> Yes it
> is clear, acarapis mites are not good on our bees and NZ does have
> acarapis mites on some of their bees at one time or another the same as
> most other areas of the world that have looked for them.

A rottweiler is a dog.  A chihuahua is a dog.  Rottweilers can eat
the arms off a person.  Beware of chihuahuas!

Streptococcus meningitis causes a bad disease.  Streptococcus
thermophilus makes yogurt.  Beware of yogurt!

New Zealand is free of Acarapis woodi, the tracheal mite that
causing troubles in the US.  We have, through thorough surveying
work, found other mites in the same genus.  It does not follow, as
Andy would have us believe, that such mites are more dangerous than
chihuahuas and yogurt...
  (\      Nick Wallingford
 {|||8-   home [log in to unmask]
  (/      work [log in to unmask]