From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:48:45 -0400
At 07:30 AM 7/4/02 +0200, you wrote:
>So i wonder, will a colony like this make queens if they
>get a frame of eggs or larvae in the right age from a colony that is
>queenright?

I haven't had any problems raising a new queen or introducing a new
queen (if available) to a colony with laying workers.  Of course none
of them would were a full blown worker laying colony (5 weeks plus without
a queen), which I'm beginning to think from the discussion would
make quite a difference.

At what level a queenless colony with laying workers becomes a
worker laying colony I don't know.  Time isn't the only factor, I had a
queenless colony go for about 5 weeks last year without a trace of
drone brood, and yet failed to raise or accept a new queen.

-Tim