From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:11:24 -0500
At 07:09 AM 1/23/02 -0500, you wrote:
> > Maybe its time to get laws changed?
>Absolutely!  First on my list would be to have the laws acknowledge that
>irradiating equipment kills AFB bacteria and spores.

Not to mention open air burning is illegal in many places, especially
those hives containing plastic.

See http://www.epa.state.oh.us/pic/facts/openburn.html for a summary
of ohio's burning laws.  The way I read it you could only burn outside
restricted areas, you may not move the waste to another site to burn
it, and burning plastic simply can't be done anywhere.  Local ordinances
may be more strict.

Has anyone experimented with anything that might kill the spores
such as bleach solution that will kill the anthrax spores?  Of course
it's most likely toxic to the bees, but what I'm looking for is proper
(legal) disposal and possible salvage of the equipment.

-Tim