From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:46:20 -0400
>I have read somewhere that you can make a short
>move if at the new location you leaned a wide board
>against the front of the hive.  When the bees would exit
>the hive they would be faced with this obstruction which
>normally was not in their flight path.  This, supposedly,
>would force the bees to orient themselves to their
>new location.

A slightly different idea. We use grass, brush etc. anything to slow the
exit of the bees and make them stop and take note of their new surroundings.
It does slow down the drift back to the old hive site.
The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2, Orillia,
ON. L3V 6H1. Canada.
Phone (705) 326 7171
Fax      (705) 325 3461
David Eyre. Owner.