From:
T'N'T Apiaries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 23:47:39 -0600
Bob

I don't know where you got the idea that we don't know we have Nosema
Ceranae.  Our Provincial Apiarist (Alberta) has been taking about it for a
couple years and for some time has confirmed its presence in Canada.  In
fact the Provincial newletter arrived today reminding beekeepers what and
how to monitor and treat for it.

On the CAPABEES website, centre right on the home page is a picture of
spores with the heading "Nosema Disease: Dignosis & Control".  Click on that
and the first paragraph under Basic Biology states: "Caused by two different
spieces of Nosema apis and Nosema ceranae."  Both spores are pictured on the
right large enough that one can easily tell the difference in size. The
article goes on to discuss both.

Excellent point about the spray/drench, but hardly denial.

Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB