From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 1995 15:10:57 -0500
>David Eyre mentioned the fun of watching bees
>take pollen.  I have used one of the small
>bird feeders that attaches directly to a window
>with suction cups to feed pollen substitute in the winter.
>On good flying days, one can watch all the
>behavior close at hand.  It helps if its
>mounted on a south facing window.  Mine is
>colored yellow to attract the first scouts.
>Re filling is simple, best done at night.

I like this idea and will certainly give it a try. One point I should have
mentioned in that previous posting. Don't waste your time trying to feed
pollen when the natural stuff comes on stream,( in our case it's the pussy
willow,) as they just ignore the artificial, even in a feeder close to the hive.
   * David Eyre          9 Progress Drive, Unit 2, *
   * The Beeworks,    Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1.*
   * [log in to unmask]      705-326-7171 *
   * http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks          *