From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:29:07 +0100
Hi Waldemar

 > Curved frames may be a bit hard to make at home...

Not particularly difficult, the pieces of wood are only about 8 mm
square in section, if soaked in water and bent around a former they can
be nailed in position and will hold the shape when dry.

> It would be nice to get some results from statistically
 > significant studies.

Yes that would be good, but I have been hammering away at a number of
researchers and a number of research institutions, but they all seem to
be unprepared to even consider more or new research.

>>>The strip or bead of wax...
> http://www.dave-cushman.net/bee/cutcombbars.html
>
> I like this method since it lets the bees determine the cell size.

At first sight, you might think so, but I think that the cell size that
a bee was raised in has an influence on the cell size that it will draw
when it does not have a template.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)