From:
"Emily M. Pruyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 10:05:05 -0400
At 05:52 PM 7/6/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Bears are a vexing problem here too. A simple solution is to remove all
>edibles from the area and place a radio near the hive, perhaps under a
>second hive body. play it all night very low, just so you can hear it about
>15 feet away.

Someone has told me that bears will stay away from barking dogs, but I had not
heard the advice about the radio.  Is it, then, any kind of "other animal" noise
that deters them?.......music or talk equally effective?.....Jazz, hard rock, or
classical?   Sorry, I'm getting punchy.  He/she was sited 6 backyards away from
mine at 10 pm last nite.  I kept flood lights on my yard all nite, and slept
with
one eye open listening for him.  No visits last night.

Thanks for your info.  I will set up a radio tonite.

Emily
Emily M. Pruyn