From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 10:32:24 EDT
Hi Folks,

The REVIEW BEE-L command is a LISTSERV command and operates according to
how the individual list is configured to LISTSERV.  REVIEW can be set to
be open to the public at large, or it can be restricted to list
subscribers, or it can be further restricted to list owners.

In the past on BEE-L, the REVIEW command was open to the general public.
This was deemed too liberal and was to be restricted to list subscribers.
Inadvertently it got restricted to list owners, hence since last July the
REVIEW command would return the "Unauthorized" message to all reviewers
except for the list owners.  BEE-L is now configured to LISTSERV so
REVIEW requests will be serviced for BEE-L subscribers, but not the
general public.  If subscribers don't want to be included in the list of
subscribers, they must make their subscription concealed by sending the
SET CONCEAL command to [log in to unmask] .

ALL these commands should be sent to LISTSERV, not BEE-L!  Users who are
not well versed in LISTSERV usage are encouraged to send mail to:
with a single line in the body of the mail which reads:
                     INFO REFCARD

LISTSERV will return to the requestor a file called LISTSERV REFCARD
which is a short (less than 300 lines) online tutorial that informs
users of commonly used commands (such as SUBSCRIBE, SIGNOFF, REVIEW,
SET CONCEAL and even SEARCH (good luck!)).

Aaron Morris - thinking there's more to LISTSERV than functional illiteracy!
               Yeah, I know, we can't know everything about everything.
               Rather than flame me, send mail to [log in to unmask]
               with one line that reads:
               INFO REFCARD