From:
Blair Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2013 11:25:32 -0400
Hi All,

I would like an easy way to identify drones from a given colony so
that I can better understand how they move about.  Does anybody know
if there are any genetic based phenotypes like weird colored eyes,
bodies, or other features that could be useful?  Would Cordovans be an
option?  I have never worked with them.  I assume the trait would have
to be a dominant trait on the queen side (assuming the queen naturally
mated with multiple drones).  I guess there's always a can of orange
krylon.  (I'm kidding, sort of-- I had seen videos of people marking
drones every day as they emerge with different colored pens signifying
day of emergence (for II), but that's too resource consuming for me).

Best,
Blair