From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2005 23:27:48 -0500
At 04:50 PM 11/7/2005, you wrote:

>Is cloramphenical (sp?) a sulphonamide? Isn't that the chemical that
>was found in Chinese honey? I wouldn't doubt that there was more
>than one chemical found in the honey from China.

I believe they are different.  Cloramphenicol was the big one in most
of the news reports, but a quick google search turned up a couple
articles finding sulphonamides (among other things) in honey of
Chinese origin as well.  Cloramphenicol contamination seemed to be
limited to the chinese honey, but sulphonamides  and the others
looked like they came from all
over.  http://www.apimondia.org/apiacta/articles/2003/reybroek.pdf

I'm just wondering where all the contaminated honey gets dumped.  Is
it fed back to the bees, sold as feed, blended to below detection
limits or ultra filtered?

-Tim