Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:05:10 -0800
""Only the miticide coumaphos was at consistently higher levels in non-CCD versus CCD colonies""
--- On Fri, 1/14/11, Larry Krengel <[log in to unmask]> wrote: "Am I reading this correctly?  Coumaphos was found in higher levels in non-CCD colonies than in CCD colonies.     ....this was detrimental to colony health.  Is it possible that the reverse is true?"

I think the question this brought up was that the treatment of coumaphos reduced the mite levels in the treated hives and thus reduced the level of CCD incidence in hives.  The coumaphos didn't reduce the CCD incidence, the reduction of mite levels reduced the CCD incidence.   Of course, I could be misreading the assertions/assumptions that statement made.

Mike in LA