From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 16:55:04 -0500
Tim Vaughan wrote:

>My wife is compiling some honey recipes on our website, but I would be
>very gratefull for some input that some of the rest of you have had dealing

I participated in a local garden radio show. You will find that even
though it is a food show, you will get around to the "plight of bees"
and "the mite". It will be an excellent opportunity to speak about the
problems facing beekeepers as well as pollination and its impact on what
we eat and the "lack of bees" seen in the area and how they help local
vegetable gardens. Also how many orchards now have to have pollination
services.

You can also talk about the various flavors that honey has (bring in a
light and dark and let the host sample them) as well as color and smell
(such as minty smell of basswood honey). The kinds of honey used
commercially as well as in the kitchen.

You will find that there is a welcome audience for all the information
you have about bees and honey. Have fun.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine