From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 13:03:35 -0500
On 14 Sep 97 at 17:23, Stephan Seely wrote:

> I'm planning on trying my hand at comb honey next year.  From what
> I've read shook swarm is the way to go.  I have no hands on
> experience,  I only know what I've read.  Any advice on this
> procedure would be gratefully appreciated.

I have tried something different this year. Previously I tried comb
honey in the traditional way and found it time consuming.
        This year, with less time available, we interspaced cut comb
foundation between a drawn honey frame. Voila!! Every cut comb frame
was drawn as straight as a dye, and filled right to the edges. Now
using a cut comb cutter and containers we have a product that sells
like 'Hot cakes' for $3 Cdn. Cutting 7 from a D.E frame results in
$21Cdn per frame. At these prices, who wants to extract?

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Dr, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1
Phone/fax  705-326-7171
David Eyre, Owner.