From:
John Chesnut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2018 19:45:19 -0400
Folks, lots of armchair grandstanding here.

In real world practice,   OAV is reapeated  on fall hives several times.   The seat-of-the-pants recomendation are three times at (3-4-5-6-7) day intervals.    Annecdotally,  many users report requiring 4 -5- 6 repeated intervals before mite numbers are reduced to acceptable levels.

The 3-4-5 day application spacing seems to be based on idiosyncratic beliefs about mite hatch and OA efficacy.

The "more then 3" needed spaced applications seems to be based on actual mite drops in the active kill period that does not retreat in intensity.

I am seeking some research (ideally publshed, controlled) accounts that predicts an optimum return interval  (and may by extension predict why 4-5-6 further treatments are or are not necessary.

Let me know what attention to this protocol component tells you about using OAV  during the August-September mite maximum?