From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:59:03 EDT

In a message dated 16/10/2007 20:38:43 GMT Standard Time,  [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<Has anyone heard of rather dark, runny Italian bees with almost  black
queens?  It occured to me that perhaps he had Amm, or  Carniolans.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY   >>

No, but I don't know about Carnies. Has bee driving  ever been practiced in
the region? One reason some Amm strains can be runny is  that driving was
widely practiced in the UK during the last couple of  generations of skep
beekeeping. Bees that wouldn't run would have been  sulphured, so in some areas there
must have been considerable selection for  runniness.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley,
Birmingham  UK