From:
Joel Govostes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 14:44:31 -0500
I overheard some eggheads over at Cornell talking about an "Apis
gargantua," and now I know what they were talking about.

Hmmm.  It was only a matter of time til they escaped from the government
labs.   Word has it that the colonies are composed of thousands of
queen-bees and a single worker, who forages and feeds them.  The worker
flies around the world three times to gather a teaspoon of honey, but she
can live 5 or 6 years.

If you find a worker cell they might swarm, so you have to destroy it.

AFAIK they prefer to live under-water, down by the docks, and have been
known to mistake livestock and small children for pollen during periods of
dearth.

So be careful.  They can really mess up your car, and you sure don't want
to hang any laundry out when they're around...