From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:15:52 -0500
I  run 300 colonies and an 1800 tree apple orchard, I'm 46 yo and am
starting to experience some shoulder muscle problems from the
repetitive lifting.

I've been doing some research on  hive cranes like the BIllet Easy
loader. I also searched the archives.

At $16,000 the Billet Ez loader is a real nice unit but out of my league
money wise. I have not seen any other apiculture specific cranes
marketed here in North America.

While we do move some full hives around,. mostly  I see the crane
usefull for loading supers, hive bodies, splits, bee supplies, totes of
syrup and full apple crates. So most of our payload would be under
200 pounds.

The articulated boom of the Billet loader is unique and I suspect hard
to replicate with off the shelf truck cranes mainly desgined for lifting
metal and other heavy payloads.

Can anybody comment on other equipment I have not located or any
homemade or converted equipment that they have used or would like
to sell?