From:
MR MARK G SPAGNOLO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 15:00:32 -0500
Hi:

Because of the huge number of requests for my pollen pattie recipe, I
have decided to post it to the

You will notice that this is recipe uses a 50 lb bag of brewers'
yeast.  We mix this in a commercial morter mixer and fill a 100
gallon water trough with two loads.  I would imagine you might want
to divide the recipe into a more managable size.

By adding more or less sugar syrup you can make softer or harder
patties.  The most important ingredient is the pollen.  Without the
pollen the bees will not eat the pattie.
Good luck!

Pollen Pattie Recipe

Ingredients:

2 - 5 gallon buckets of sugar syrup
              fill to 4" from top

40 oz. of pollen

50 lbs brewers' yeast

Mix for 3 minutes.  Form into 1 1/2 lb. patties and put in wax paper
bag.