From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:12:04 -0700
> about 37% have been lost to CCD like symptoms.

Now we have ‘CCD like symptoms’?
To make a statement of ‘CCD like symptoms’ is IMO
deceitful, and playing into the hysteria.
Is it CCD symptoms or isn’t it?  OR is it ’like’ ccd?

Many bee maladies can resemble “CCD like symptoms”.
OR should I say “CCD like symptoms” can resemble many
bee maladies.  I’m continually seeing “I was hit with
CCD” threads on other lists which CLEARLY are not
confirmable cases, whereas they are easily explainable
by other maladies or stresses.
Are “like symptoms” a suitable diagnosis?,,,
I should think not!

I am starting a organization for the promotion of
correct analysis of symptoms in honeybee maladies and
colony mortality be implemented before the concluding
with any diagnosis.

The name of the organization is:

National Organization for Teaching how to Conclude
with a Correct Diagnosis

We will be using the acronym:
'Not CCD'

Our charter is:

That a final diagnosis of any honeybee maladies and
mortality be made lastly, and only after all other
causes are positively ruled out.

To aid in the enforcement of the charter rule, we
adopt the motto:
A ‘diagnosis should come lastly, instead of the
firstly.’

Or for those that like acronyms, the easy to remember:
 DSCLIF.  ;)

Membership is free to all.

Best Wishes,
Joe