From:
Ruary Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ruary Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 08:27:13 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 08 December 1999 13:31
Subject: Re: Treatment for mites

>I am onthat merry-go-around;
> fumidil-B (2 gallons medicated syrup 2:1 in the fall if I can get my bees
> take that much and 1 gallon medicated syrup 1:1 in the spring)
> Aaron Morris - adamantly resisting coumophos' siren song!

I may be wrong but my memory of the instructions for using fumidil-B state
the syrup should be 2:1, I wonder if the use of 1:1 syrup in the spring is
actually beneficial, the osmotic pressure of the 1;1 syrup might disrupt the
agent involved in the treatment ( that this agent is sensitive is indicated
by the temperature range allowed for mixing the powder).

Ruary Rudd