From:
Peter Kevan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1993 08:47:41 EST
It has been indicated that Varroa can be controlled by providing
hives with  drone comb and getting a few frames of drones reared
in the hive. Varroa seems to prefer drone larvae, and will seek
out those combs. Once the drone brood is sealed, it can be taken
from the hive and dealt with (e.g. treated so as to kill the Varroa
and the larvae). It can be replaced in the hives, the bees will
clean it up, and re-used.

My guess is that this is rather labour intensive, and perhaps others
would comment on the practicality of this means of control by
sanitation management. I am just re-iterating what I have heard.