From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 10:38:17 -0500
On 13 Jan 98 at 14:26, Frank & Phronsie Humphrey wrote:

> Early last summer we had a discussion about removing bees from
> buildings.  Several techniques were discussed some of which were
> new.  I would like to add and get some feedback on these ideas. I
> tried using plastic tubing which worked very well for a few days but
> as someone else posted, they found the entrance after about a week.
> I then tried the 3 cornered bee escape but they found the top

For all the folks who like to take bees out of buildings and need a
bee escape you might be interested one we sell. It's really made for
the roofs of WBC hives in the UK.
        It's a cone of black plastic with slots cut into the side of the
cone and a small hole in the top of the cone. It will allow bees out,
but they seem incapable of finding the small exit hole to get back
in.
        If anyone wants info, please take it off list.

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Dr, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1
Phone/fax  705-326-7171
David Eyre, Owner.