From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:18:10 -0800
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:My honey is different then grocery store honey� a lot different.

We pay a big price in this country for having 69 cent per pound
hamburger and $2.50 a gallon milk and 1 pound honey bears for
$1.99.
Brian,
     My honey is also different from the store shelf honey.  This was brought home to me twice in the last couple of months.  A consumer two states away called me at home.  He had bought my honey at a botanical show a month previously and liked it so well that he called and ordered more than just a little honey.  Told me I had a long time customer if I continued producing the honey he bought.  It cost him considerably more to buy from me and have it shipped to him that what it would have cost off the store self.  He told me it was the quality of the honey.  About three weeks later I was approached by a local customer who told me they had to get some more of my honey.  They ran out and bought some off the store shelf, tasted it, and threw it away.
     We don't have to compete with the store shelf honey.  If we process our honey so that it retains its original flavors, is attractive on the shelf, and is fairly reasonable in price, then it will sell itself - over the commercial, high volume stuff found on the shelf.  Quality still sells.  Cadillacs still cost more than Ford, Chevy, or Chrysler economy cars and people still buy them.  As quality producers we don't have to downgrade the high volume products.  Our own products will do it for us.

Mike in LA