From:
Greg J Zujus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 16:16:56 -0400
I need a little advise.  I just acquired 2 hives which have not been
tended in about 5 years.  The first is a large hive in 2 deep boxes with
a full deep over an excluder and" chuck full of bees". The second is a
hive that swarmed from the larger hive into an empty hive in the same
yard. Today I cleaned up what I could and added a medium super of
foundation on the smaller hive and a deep super of foundation above the
excluder on the large hive.  I tried to pull a frame from the full honey
super on the large hive but I can't get it out, the more I tugged the
more I felt the frame "coming apart". Does anyone know of a way to get
these frames out and extract the honey ? Alsoas stated  the equipment is
quite old and I do not believe that I will be able to pull any of the
frames in the brood chambers for inspections for they will fall apart.
Both hives are very healthy and probably quite mite resistant as they
have never been treated for mites.  Any advice here ?

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]