From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:05:38 -0600
FYI

One of my fair complexioned colleagues lathers up with Sunscreen.  He found
one (I think it was a Coppertone product) that resulted in stinging
behavior.  We were doing behavioral trials with feeders away from the hives
-- we rarely wear veils or get stung, but he was attacked as he walked
up  (just as he had hundreds of times before).

I've also had visitors get bees in their hair -- the common factor seemed
to be the use of herbal scented hair shampoo.

Have others found cosmetic products that either attract (e.g. the shampoo)
or agitate (sunscreen) the bees?

Thanks

Jerry