From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:30:44 -0800

> >Did the lab tell you before the CCN report or after the CNN report they
> had found Mercury in HFCS?

I forwarded the report to Tucson.  They were already aware, and had begun
testing.  I'll have to see if they've replaced their chemist, with whom I
had a good working relationship  : (

Since I'm posting, I'll give you a weather update from Calif.  We were
experiencing what looked to be the worst drought on the record, and were
praying for what the water managers dubbed a "fabulous February" or
"marvelous March."

Looks like we're getting the former!  We've been hit with several cold, wet
weather systems since the almond buds started to swell.  Stopped the bloom
in its tracks.

I'm in the foothills under 18" of snow at 22F last night, following
temperatures in the mid 70's before bloom!  This sort of shock is obviously
a challenge to colonies that had begun to brood up well (the temperatures
are much milder down on the valley floor).

The good news for the growers is that they may get some water; the bad news
is that they may not get good flight weather during bloom.

Randy Oliver