From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 14:02:29 -0800
We left our Texas beekeeper stuck between California and Arizona, back and
forth for a week. At last Arizona allowed the bees to be transferred to a
closed van for the trip back to Texas. They made it but 100% were dead.

Another Texas beekeeper who had pressured washed every pallet as they were
loaded got pass the Arizona station, no problem, but because it was Sunday
no one at the California boarder station could pass the load. And because
it was a long weekend no one could check the bees until Tuesday AM.

Guess the Arizona inspectors had nothing to do so they came by and checked
them again. This time they found three kinds of ants including a red one
and quarantined them from going back through Arizona.

Tuesday California checked the bees and passed them.. They were again
inspected as unloaded, nothing.

Of course 50% of all the bees were dead and they are still dyeing.

What one beekeeper said I can't print but he has moved his last hive to
California, which he claims did a un natural sexual act on him and his bees
costing him more then $75k.

Chow, Andy-

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!