From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:13:04 -0400
> Both our national organizations have committed to getting formic & Oxalic
> registered (with beekeeper donations).

> With due respect to both organizations I do not believe they are going to
> get the job done on either product. At least not in the near future.

Perhaps if they were to put aside the petty
bickering, and work together... no, wait -
I just flipped open the October Bee Culture,
and found:

ABF Annual Meeting: Jan 11-14 Louisville, KY
AHPA Annual Meeting: Jan 10-14  Houston, TX

Driving between the two locations would take
15.5 hours, a trip of 1030 miles. The cheapest
possible flight between the two cities would
run $317 if purchased today.

Given that a not-insignificant fraction of the
membership of these groups belong to both
organizations, exactly what "respect" due to
either group?

They are still "competing", each still posturing
that they somehow solely "represent" US beekeepers,
and both so impotent, they can't even imagine that
their membership might want to attend the other
group's meeting.

I understand that they can't be expected to see
eye-to-eye on every issue, but this is a basic
failure to coexist on any level, as the two groups
will now be "competing" for both attendees and speakers,
and vendors will have to choose between the two, or somehow
cobble together TWO booth teams, TWO displays, TWO trucks,
and so on.