From:
The Moderators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2011 12:08:44 -0500
Contributers  have been requested to be sure to  review the subject line before sending and modify it if the subject has changed.

Additionally,  members  have been notified to NEVER use "Was" in a subject, as in "Re: [BEE-L] critical thought was Re: [BEE-L] small cell".  Use of "was" subjects on BEE-L is verboten, but has usually been tolerated, due to a policy of lenience on the part of  moderators,  however  an  inappropriate  subject  line is is grounds for summary rejection of any post, and the moderators simply do not have  enough  time to notify  everyone  of every rejected post.

Nonetheless that "was" convention is an USENET  usage  that is  inappropriate  for a low volume specialized mailing  list and merely screws up the list organization.

We are considering consolidating the logs from the weekly to monthly or even quarterly to make following threads in the archives easier since presently a thread can only be followed through that one log in the archives and some threads run months.  This will be a big job, and I don't know for sure when and if it will be done.  The archives run back to 1987 and are a  treasure chest  of information and opinion.

As for rejected posts, we have had more than usual lately, about five or ten in the last week.  Reasons were inappropriate material, SPAM from outside the list, irrelevant smirks, posting of demonstrably false information, and personal  notes  sent to the list.

We appreciate all material submitted, but please  remember  that this list attempts to be an informed list and that representing opinion as fact and making general claims which appear to be false without at least attempting  to substantiate them with specific available references will be met with rejection.

Also,  please  remember that if you use anyone's name, that you use it in a positive manner and that any attributions are public knowledge and not from off the record chats.