Discussion of Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:13:12 GMT
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (39 lines)
many thanks Joel, for all the info on long hives,

I was going to make the hive with an axle at one end and two props at the other so I could move
them about like a wheelbarrow. I hope the picture comes out right

I can then wheel them into my trailer and away. I think this could be really good for me as I have
found it a reall pain moving hives on my own, and nothing else seems to be very good.

I am thinking as well that if there are other entrances in the hive, which are open and closable I
should be able ( with division boards of course) to have nuclei etc in the same hive
simultaneously, there is also less to come apart on bumpt roads, and I recon I could push this
thing quite a way even over quite uneven ground, which would be good for me as some of my hives are
in really weird places, through trees etc.

Maybe the ideal bee wagon would be an old hearse!

-------------------------------------------------
                -------------------------------------------------
         I                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I
                                                                        I                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I
                                                        I                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I
        ________-------------------------------------------------
        ________-------------------------------------------------
                                                                                                        II                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              xxxxx
                                                                                                        II                                                                                                                                                                                                                              xx     xx
                                                                                                        II                                                                                                                                                                                                                              xx  O   xx
                                                                                                        II                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              xxxxx

Steve Pearce

Kilspindie
Scotland

ATOM RSS1 RSS2