Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 06:41:50 +0200
Bee-liners;

Is crimp wired and plastic core (as in Duraguilt) foundation a proprietary
matter, that is, are the manufacturing processes protected by patents or are
they trade secrets?  I am working with a large Bulgarian beekeeper who
manufactures foundation for his own operation and I think he is the only
foundation manufacturer in Bulgaria.  He manufactures a good quality foundation
but it has no additional support built into it.  They run vertical wires in the
frame and heat the wires to fuse them to the foundation.  Sagging of the
foundation is a problem and I want to help him investigate adding some sort of
support to the foundation in his manufacturing process.  I have seen nylon
filaments used for foundation support years ago.  Is this still in use? Any
information or comments welcome. Please reply to:

Bill Lord, address:  [log in to unmask]

Many thanks

Bill Lord