From:
Sandra Perez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1993 15:25:11 -0500
Hey, there, Bee Fans,
I'm looking for information on designs and uses of artificial nests for
capturing carpenter bees in the field. Yes, it _is_ easy enough to use
a net, but I'd like to learn a little something about nesting behavior in
a semi-natural setting. So, advice about bore diameter, placement on openings,
(that's "of" openings), length of tunnels, etc. would be much appreciated.

It is said that Bob Minkley and Steve Buckman have played around with this
sort of thing. Can you guys hear me? Or can anyone supply e-mail addresses?

Thanks for your anticipated help.
Sandra Perez
University of Miami