From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 11:22:10 EDT
This message was originally submitted  by [log in to unmask] to the BEE-L list
at CNSIBM.ALBANY.EDU.  It was edited to remove an entire quote of a
previous submission.

From: "Roger Flanders" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Learning curve too steep - Need advice
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:55:17 -0500

Emily, I too am a new beekeeper (-haver?) since April, so I can't give you
any advice about your bees' defensive reaction. (Other than to wonder, like
you, if   their behavior was the result of some external factor in the
interim...)  My reason for writing is to encourage you to keep up the good
work.  You must be doing a lot of things right to produce 140# of honey off
two new hives.  We harvested our honey last Sunday (adding Apistan,
Fumidil-B and TM immediately after), and our total yield was less than a
third of yours.  Hang in there!