From:
Richard Spiekhout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 20:05:31 EDT
Today I treated my 2 hives with syrup containing terramycin and fumidil-b.  It
was a light yellow color as to be expected of the terramycin.  I fed each hive
1 qt. of this mixture this morning.  at 5 pm, I looked at the hives and was
amazed to see one hive had used 95% of the syrup and the other had used about
70%.  It had turned a very pretty purple color.  they were still using it
beacuse there was an occasional bubble coming up.  they are both in full sun
on that part of the hive.

What's going on?  Is this ok or do I have a problem?

What should capped brood look like?  I have many cells that are light brown in
color.  I do not think this is pollen because I can see pollen in the upper
part of the comb.  I can also see honey in parts of it. I have read 5 books at
least twice each and cannot find a discription of brood.   I also cannot find
definitions of the bee language.  Please define "supercedure".

this beginner thanks you for your help,
Richard  (asker of dumb ?'s)