Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 1994 00:34:00 CST
Robert-
Our beekeepers group created a bee beard at one of our
summer meetings.  It was just for fun.  Our 'volunteer'
claims he was not stung even once.

We tied a queen in a cage under his chin.  Then we opened
the hive from which she had come and shook one frame at a
time until we had a few pounds of bees on his chest.  (He
was wearing a t-shirt.)  The bees climbed right up and clustered
on the queen cage.

By the way, we stuffed cotton in his nose and ears... It
seemed wise.

Larry Krengel
Marengo, IL  USA