From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 10:57:28 -0700
Hi to Jim and all on BEE-L

Jim, you wrote:
Bottom line, every time anyone uses any form of antibiotic
on bacteria, they are very likely, if not certain, to be
creating yet another "strain" of the targeted bacterium
in the process.

Reply:
I am sure glad you wrote your reply the way you did! I
liked everything you said.

This reminds me though, aren't we currently in US Federal
Register comment period for allowing imports of queens and
bees from Australia and New Zealand?

How now would this have bearing upon a new strain of EFB
and or AFB coming into the USA that could cause problems to
our beekeeping community here or even for that matter,
Canada, adding to our woes of PMS already ongoing?

Also, while I think of it Jim and others here on the list.
Where is Kasmir Bee Virus from and would that be a sleeper
for the future what with bees so suceptible to secondaries
anymore from problems they already have?

Regards,

Dee A. Lusby