From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2016 09:28:54 -0600
Does anyone know of such a study being done?

No, but the conversation got started from a friend who has some 40 year old comb.  Hes in OH around AG and a lot of it,  but never used miticides.  He kills bees off in the winter, so mites are not an issue.
We talked to him about going to almonds as a change of pace may soon dictate in his business model,  and he lamented the pesticide issue.
There was a claim made that part of the success he has is because they spray the comb with hot syrup (130f) in winter to prepare for spring.  We were pondering that statement and called nonsense on it.

But to my point and your question,  he has the dangdest healthiest hives of any honey producer I have ever met and pulls down some great numbers.  It would be easy to get a sample of wax from him.

Not sure if that would be valid in the thought process though as they are never overwintered.

Charles