From:
"Victor M.Kroenke" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 10:32:37 -0600
John M Thorp wrote:

> A short time back a very valid question was posted,"Does anyone know if
> bleach will kill foul brood"? It probably does'nt or all this equiptment
> would'nt be headed for the fire. This is being asked again in hopes that
> someone out there in BEE/l land has first hand knowledge that would be a
> major help to everyone in the industry. If not bleach,does anyone know
> how we can sanitize our infected equiptment if bleach won't work? Thank
> you in advance.
> Take Care and GBY,John in Homestead,also at<[log in to unmask]>
I bought several gallons of concentrated bleach for use in swimming
pools
at a clearance price several years ago.  After scraping the frames clean
placed them in this bleach and then rinsed them in water.  The result
appeared
to be about the same as using the lye method.  I don't know if the
frames were
sanitized or not.  I still clean up old frames if they are good but
wonder why
I do it.  My time doing this may have a value of one dollar an hour if I
work
fast.
Vic