From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 12:20:32 -0400
Some interesting developments about malignant melanoma, which I have had
twice, the first in a mole on my face and the second some years later a
walnut size growth in a lymph node close to where the facial mole was
located. A normal progression for melanoma. Usually it goes on from the
lymph node, but mine stopped. I have posted before that it might have
been because of bee stings which I started about a year after my
melanoma for arthritis in my shoulder.

Some recent studies on the action of interferon, which was thought to be
involved in fighting melanoma directly, shows that it does not. It does
boost the immune system, but melanoma is impervious to it directly. It
is used after surgery to fight any remaining cancer cells. It comes with
a price, since it can cause thyroid problems and makes you feel lousy
for a year, the length of treatment. Add to that, its effectiveness is
only about 10%.

I thought bee stings were much more effective and now it seems they may
be, since they also give a boost to the immune system with none of
interferon's side effects. Also, when I visited my dermatologist, he
said he has another beekeeper who is treating his melanoma just like I
am with the same results. Granted, this is all anecdotal, but there may
be something to bee stings, melanoma and the immune system.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine