Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 12:48:27 BST
Tom,

I sometimes use vaseline on the frame runners of my brood
boxes when I'm setting up a new hive or changing boxes over
in the spring.  It helps to reduce jerky movements  esp. if
the runners are made of timber. I just use a light smear so
as to reduce friction when sliding frames.  Keep it well
away from the frame lugs or else it makes holding the frames
by the lug too slippy.  If you want to you can smear some
around the edges of the crown board or excluder to reduce
attachment but again too much will make to frame lugs too
slippy to hold.

By the way, did you manage to get hold of WBC/CDB plans ?.
If you are still looking i may be able to get you some if
you e-mail me direct.  Have you been getting much honey?

Dr. Philip Earle
N. Ireland