text/plain (20 lines)
Bill replying to Glen who replied to Dick: 
> 
> Actually it would show that States that require registration have a better
> database than States that do not. That would mean that there would be more
> reported problems in reporting States, but not more problems, whereas the
> non-reporters could easily have as many or more problems but you won't know
> it becasue there is no data.. That leads to ignorance of a problem, since
> you have no data. It is "ignorant crap". So the term is justified.

Personally I like applying the adjective “justified” to being righteous in Gods sight;  and who wants to justify the word “crap”, or as most of the world says, s**t.  
All this back and forth regarding what States have Bee Laws and how much better beekeeping is in that particular State. Bee law or not, what it comes down to is relying on a persons honesty, which we all know people can fall short of unfortunately.   I understand the intentions of bee laws, which can be good, but how to follow through? Bee Patrol?  It should be required to TEACH new beeks about beekeeping.  The people who sell packages and nucs should make sure they know what new beeks  are doing.  See where this is going?  Who should be responsible? Dick says it’s the new beekeepers who spread AFB; I got mine from a commercial beekeeper who sold me a nuc with all his recycled old black frames in it that had at least 3 cycles of AFB according to a friend who used to be a NYS Apiary Inspector, Joe Hewitt.  Not my fault as a new beekeeper; I used those frames with a bunch of splits and when inspecting the splits I found it BECAUSE I took it upon myself to learn.  How can SHB be in NY? Packages from the south.  Are every package and nuc going to be inspected so unsuspecting beekeepers don't get more pests and diseases in addition to varroa?  I think not.  What to do.  Here in NY we are lucky to have the BEST informational program, NY Bee Wellness. Why isn’t that supported within the State?  Pat Bono has had  Randy Oliver, Al Avitable, Peter Borst, Megan Milbrath, Aaron Morris and Medhat Nasr among many reputable and experienced beekeepers teaching us.  That is the way to go, a program like that.  Some people on this list should just get over their darn ego’s.

Deb Corcoran
Western Catskills

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2